Burn is looking for an AWS Cloud Hosting Engineer who will play a pivotal role in ensuring that BURN's cloud infrastructure is well-architected, secure, and optimized for performance.
Ruiru, Kiambu, Kenya
About the role
Burn is looking for an AWS Cloud Hosting Engineer who will play a pivotal role in ensuring that BURN's cloud infrastructure is well-architected, secure, and optimized for performance. They will contribute to the efficiency and scalability of cloud-based systems, enabling BURN to deliver reliable and cost-effective services to its customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- AWS Infrastructure Management: Design, deploy, and maintain AWS infrastructure to support the organization's cloud-based applications and services. Implement and manage AWS services such as EC2, S3, RDS, Lambda, VPC, and 2Monitor and optimize AWS resources to ensure cost-effectiveness and scalability.
- Cloud Environment Administration: Manage and monitor cloud hosting platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform (GCP). Create and manage virtual machines, storage, networking, and security groups in the cloud environment.
- Cloud Security: Implement and maintain security measures to protect cloud infrastructure from unauthorized access, data breaches, and other security threats. Configure firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and access controls.
- Performance Monitoring and Optimization: Monitor cloud performance metrics, identify bottlenecks, and optimize system configurations to ensure efficient resource utilization and high availability. Conduct capacity planning and scaling of resources as needed.
- Backup and Disaster Recovery: Design and implement backup strategies to ensure data integrity and disaster recovery capabilities for cloud-based systems. Regularly test and verify backups to guarantee recoverability.
- Troubleshooting and Issue Resolution: Investigate and resolve cloud-related issues, including performance degradation, network connectivity problems, and application errors. Perform root cause analysis and implement corrective actions.
Automation and Scripting: Develop scripts, automation tools, and configuration management solutions to streamline server
- provisioning, deployment, and maintenance tasks. Leverage technologies like Ansible, Chef, or Puppet for infrastructure automation.
- Documentation and Knowledge Sharing: Create and maintain documentation for server configurations, cloud architecture, procedures, policies and troubleshooting guides. Share knowledge and provide technical guidance to other team members.
- Collaboration and Project Management: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including developers, network engineers, and security specialists, to support project initiatives and ensure smooth operations. Participate in infrastructure-related projects and provide expertise and recommendations.
- Any other duties assigned by the manager.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field.
- 4+ years of proven experience in AWS Cloud Hosting Engineering or a similar role.
- AWS certifications (e.g., AWS Certified Solutions Architect, AWS Certified DevOps Engineer) preferred.
Strong knowledge of servers, operating systems (such as Windows Server, Linux), and virtualization technologies (VMware, Hyper-V).
- Experience in other cloud hosting platforms (such as GCP, Microsoft Azure, and Linode) is an added advantage.
- Strong knowledge of AWS services, including EC2, S3, RDS, VPC, Lambda, IAM, and CloudFormation.
- Knowledge of containerization and orchestration technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes) is a plus.
- Understanding of networking principles, protocols, and security (TCP/IP, DNS, VPN, SSL/TLS).
- Familiarity with server and cloud security best practices, including identity and access management, encryption, and vulnerability assessment.
- Familiarity with cloud security best practices and compliance standards.
- Proficiency in scripting and automation using tools like PowerShell, Bash, Python, or similar.
- Hands-on experience with monitoring and performance management tools (e.g., Cloud Watch) and backup/recovery solutions.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to troubleshoot complex server and cloud-related issues.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with team members and stakeholders.
Qualified Female Candidates encouraged to Apply
BURN does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training, or any other fees).
Click here to apply >>AWS Cloud Hosting Engineer- Ruiru, Kiambu, Kenya