As an intern for Busara's Research and Advisory team you will get the chance to dive headfirst into the world of behavioral science and get firsthand experience working on projects in the development space alongside your mentors.
NAIROBI /DELIVERY – PROJECTS /INTERN/ HYBRID
Who we are:
Busara is a leading behavioral science organization in the Global South, where we apply behavioral science to help alleviate poverty through advisory work and original academic research.
We are a non-profit organization based in Nairobi, Kenya, and have offices and projects across the Global South. We also run the most extensive behavioral science research lab in the world, including mobile labs and partnerships with universities worldwide.
What does the Busara Center do?
Busara implements research for organizations around the world, ranging from qualitative in-depth studies to lab experiments to large-scale randomized control trials. In addition, Busara’s advisory arm works with governments, non-profit organizations and private sector enterprises on improving their policies and products: Through incorporating insights from behavioral economics, we help organizations understand decision-making and enable them and the people they serve to make better and more informed choices.
About the Internship
As an intern for Busara's Research and Advisory team you will get the chance to dive headfirst into the world of behavioral science and get firsthand experience working on projects in the development space alongside your mentors. This is not your coffee-grabbing internship! Interns are tasked with supporting the research, composing reports, client deliverables, and analysis on ongoing projects, in close coordination with Analysts, Associates and Engagement Directors, thus exposing them to all sides of research.
This is a full time internship for 10-12 weeks.
Who are we looking for?
- Students in their third year or fourth year of undergraduate studies, students in masters programs, and recent graduates who have completed their course within the last 6 months.
- Students preferably based out of Nairobi, since the internship will likely entail some fieldwork.
- Busara loves diversity of thought and we will accept applicants from a wide range of disciplines and backgrounds – psychology, sociology, economics, public policy, political science, neuroscience, statistics, marketing and so on.
- Interest in qualitative and quantitative research and familiarity with data analysis (Excel, Stata, R and/or other programming languages)
- Fluency and excellent communication and writing skills with a mastery of English and Swahili
- Hunger to learn, high level of self-motivation and energy, and an optimistic “can-do” attitude
- Flexible and comfortable with ambiguity
- Interest in working in a fast-paced environment and able to manage multiple tasks efficiently
- Ability to work independently and highly collaboratively as part of a team
- Interest in behavioral science (most important!)
- Interested candidates, please fill out apply through the link shared above; applicants will be contacted to complete a short technical task and be interviewed for the position on a rolling basis over the next 1 week.
|APPLY FOR THIS JOB|