BURN are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Research and Development Department
Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
BURN is the largest vertically integrated modern cookstove company in the world, providing world-class R&D, manufacturing, and carbon offset projects from our HQ in Kenya and across 10 countries in Africa.
BURN is working to create a world where cooking positively impacts all life on Earth, by producing the world’s most efficient biomass, liquid fuel, and electric cookstoves.
Since 2013, BURN has sold 1,300,000+ stoves in Africa. These stoves have helped 7.3 million beneficiaries save over $400 million in fuel expenditures and 5.3 million tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. Our team of 600 people – 51% of whom are women – is on track to produce and sell over 150,000 stoves per month in 2022 at our solar-powered facility in Kenya.
Title: Senior Market Research Officer - Biomass
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Research and Development Department based in Nairobi, Kenya. In keeping with our growing business needs, we are looking for someone who meets the criteria below.
Reporting to the Head of Market Research, the Senior Market Research Officer- Biomass who will play a critical role in the execution of research initiatives from design to delivery and drive strategic insights and decision-making processes within the organization's Biomass division.
- Build strategic partnerships with internal stakeholders for research execution.
- Lead brainstorming with teams to understand research requests.
- Manage project execution for assigned product lines, ensuring timely delivery.
- Create, manage, and optimize end-to-end project plans.
- Develop accurate study tools like questionnaires and guides in line with study objectives.
- Use tools like Kobo App for scripting and execution.
- Formulate research problems, hypotheses, and methodologies.
- Establish effective team workflows and expectations.
- Handle risk mitigation and problem resolution.
- Provide consultancy and coaching support.
- Embed standard project management practices within the team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 8+ years of experience in Social Enterprise, Market Research, or related fields.
- Proficiency in qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
- Strong engagement with internal stakeholders and designers using participatory approaches.
- Expertise in data management, analysis, study design, and data quality.
- Skilled in navigating diverse organizational structures and cultures.
- Independent, self-driven, and capable of scoping own deliverables.
- Interpret research requests and lead brainstorming sessions.
- Formulate research problems, hypotheses, and study types.
- Identify appropriate methodologies and sample compositions.
- Develop precise study tools (questionnaires, guides) aligned with objectives.
- Proficiency in Kobo App and scripting platforms.
- Analyze raw data using Excel, SPSS, Power BI, and similar tools.
- Design qualitative studies and facilitate moderation.
- Conduct qualitative analysis with tools like Excel grids, NVivo, Dedoose, etc.
- Manage teams by reviewing study plans, tools, and reports.
- Proficiency in project planning, budgeting, and PowerPoint presentations.
- An experienced and versatile professional capable of leading research endeavors with precision and presenting insights compellingly.
How To Apply
Candidates who meet the necessary role qualifications and experience can apply for the role by filling in the required information and uploading an English-language pdf version of their CV or Resume.
BURN is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating the best workplace in the world. Qualified Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply. BURN does NOT charge applicants or candidates any form of fees at any stage of the entire recruitment or onboarding process.
Click here to apply >>Senior Market Research Project Officer - Biomass